Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fun Project

One of the assignments in my current (and also LAST!!!) class is to create a sample company and record all accounting activity for a fictitious month in order to complete the steps of the Accounting Cycle. I'm really excited about this project because it allows me to explore the reality of owning my own business ( a dream I hope to realize within the next 10 years) using actual accounting software, Peachtree. It is an educational version of the software, but the usage is practically the same as the actual software. I'm really looking forward to this project! It's going to be so much fun!! Today I had to create the business name, address, type, and description. WHEE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will you go public? When can I buy stock?

Becky said...

Trust me, you'll be the first to know. There are a few steps I need to take care of first. :)