Tuesday, May 01, 2007

NEW JOB!!

I have a new job! I am a member of the accounting team at Southwest Metals/Copper Consulting Inc. (SWM & CCI) The facility is located in Glendale, so the commute is much, much shorter and the hours are 7:30-4:00, so I can get more involved in mid-week activities at church. I'm very excited about it.

Today was my first day and it was really great! I had forgotten how much I love accounting work. Classes have been driving me up a wall and I lost sight of the pleasure of applying the concepts. Last, but not least, the dress code is business casual, so I can wear jeans!!! WHOO HOO! Those suits are going in the back of the closet!

Here is a picture of me on my way out the door this morning.

I'm looking forward to many more days, months, and years with this great company. My coworkers are fun, energetic, and personable, so I have much to anticipate every morning. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTL! What an answer to prayer, a job and one you can look forward to going to each day! Love ya! Mom (I'm afraid that I have used up my allotment of exclamation points for the month right here in one posting! ;-)

Angela said...

so great, Becky! Cute shirt, by the way.

Becky said...

Ang,

Thanks! I got it at Kohls. I like to check out the sales. Some days I walk out with nothing, other days I walk out with deals so great it almost feels like stealing! :)