Thursday, January 18, 2007

Phoenix Symphony

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all my family members who have visited me. I unwittingly committed a great disservice to you in my failure to take you to a Phoenix Symphony performance.

Heather and I attended a performance tonight that was awesome, phenomenal, inspiring, breathtaking, magnificent, majestic, stunning, wonderful, superb, brilliant... I could go on and on. The impetus for our attendance was a requirement for the Music Appreciation class I am taking, but it certainly won't require another homework assignment to persuade me to return.

The program was as follows:
Conducted by James Judd -
ELGAR
Froissart Overture
RACHMANINOFF - piano played by Stephen Hough
Piano Concerto No. 1
HOLST
The Planets

My enjoyment was diminished only slightly by the amorous highschoolers in front of us. They were a bit distracting, but I just closed my eyes and let my ears do all the work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK- got my plane ticket, I'm coming back.... :-)

Becky said...

What time should I be at the airport?? :D