Sunday, March 25, 2007

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!

I LOVE AIR SHOWS AT LUKE AIR FORCE BASE! This was one of the coolest events I've ever attended. I have loaded all the photos I took (200+) into the photo album. Follow the "My Photo Albums" link on the left and then select "Luke Days."
My favorite performance was the Thunderbirds, but I'm amazed at the manueverability of the F-15E Strike Eagle. I think part of the attraction was the corresponding pyrotechnics! :)
It was also pretty impressive that they flew the B-2 Stealth Bomber all the way from Whiteman Air Force Base (in Missouri) for the show.




Some words of advice for future attendees: 1) GET THERE EARLY! With the traffic restrictions, security checkpoints (just like the airport!), and the sheer number of spectators, you'll miss the majority of the show while waiting to get in. 2) Another good idea is earplugs. They strongly recommend them for the younger kids, but I was glad I took some for myself. When those afterburners kick in, it gets LOUD! I could feel the vibrations from head to toe. 3) Frequently re-apply sunscreen. The cloud cover was deceptive. I lathered on suncreen before I left home, but then checked the forecast and decided I didn't need to take any with me. BIG MISTAKE. I have THE STRANGEST sunburn pattern on my arms, hands, and face. When you spend all day looking up and holding a camera, you get weird sunburn. :( 4) Absolutely must buy a bag of Busy Bee's Kettle Korn from Corvallis, MT. Watch closely and time your purchase so that you get it warm and fresh from the kettle. Best tasting kettle corn I've ever had. (www.busybeeskettlekorn.com)


That's all for now folks. I'm worn out from a day in the sun and a night of games. I'll post more details later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...add a WOW!! for me! Fantastic photos- thanks! Where is the one of the sunburned kid though? :-)

Becky said...

You don't really think I'd post a picture of myself for everyone to mock, do you? :D