Saturday, July 28, 2007

Social Life

One of the awesome benefits of being done with college is the return of my social life!! :) YAY! I'm able to say "yes" to invitations instead of saying "Sorry, I have homework" every time. Last night we celebrated the time we had Alicia in our lives and wished her well as she moves back home to Nebraska. I'm sure she'll visit occasionally, but we will all miss her bright and sunny smile. She was a wonderful addition to the Trinity family.

Tonight I was able to participate in the volleyball game between the Trinity and Sunnyslope young adult groups. (we had a few recruits from other churches on both teams as well) Both sides lost and won several games and EVERYONE had lots of fun. My arms are rather sore now, but that will fade quickly enough.

Tomorrow I look forward to iceskating at Polar Ice after church. (12:30-3:30pm for those who didn't get the email) It will be so much fun and it's a great way to stay cool in the warm summer days.

Now if I could just round up a few tennis players, I'd be happier than a bug in a rug. Heather is willing to learn the sport and I'm sure I can find other willing participants for a doubles match. Mom & Dad: y'all want to come play on Aug 5th?? :D It's not THAT long of a commute... just a short 37 hours!

We had so much fun playing tonight that I completely forgot to take out my camera and capture visual aids. I guess you'll have to use your imagination this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have tennis courts - ya'll do the short 37 hour commute - come on back east and we'll play ya :-) Love, Mom

Becky said...

We're playing tennis tomorrow evening... sure you won't stop by for a match?? :)