Sunday, August 20, 2006

Vacation - Episode 1

So, I'm back from vacation. Boy, did I take a lot of pictures. 553 in 12 days... impressive, right? After sorting out duplicates and a shot of the inside of the camera case (don't ask me how, I don't know) I have 543 to share. I have broken them down into 4 albums - 1 for each stop.

Episode 1: Montana - Great Falls & Glacier Park

Flew to Great Falls, MT on the 3rd (Thursday). Deb picked me up and we went to Mackenzie River Pizza for a late lunch. They have THE BEST pizza in the world. http://www.mackenzieriverpizza.com/ Spent the rest of the day at Mike and Deb's. Played video games (Mike & I kick butt at soccer) and played with Jake. Deb & I drove the rental car ( a Jeep Grand Cherokee, very nice!) up to Glacier Friday and met G & G Wilson at Izaak Walton Inn. They took the train from Indpls to Glacier. Spent Fri-Sun in Glacier. Well, most of the time. I had to take a 9 hour detour back to GF on Saturday to get an abscessed tooth taken care of by Dr. Coleman. He is the Raschke family dentist and was so kind to come in on the weekend for an emergency call. G & G and I left Glacier on the train to Seattle Sunday night and Deb went back to GF. Arrived in Seattle Monday morning only 1.5 hours late. Not bad for Amtrak! Here are the corresponding pics: View Glacier Park, MT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God sure did a magnificent job making the park and you did very well getting such great photos of it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your mom just sent me your blog site. Love getting to see the photos of your trip. I'm sure your grandpa will write about it too.
Love the picture of Jake. Beautiful dog.
And B & M's dream home -- it is a DREAM with spectacular views!
That stuffed french toast was unbelieveably HUGE. Bet grandpa helped eat it. lol
Two Medicine Lake is beautiful.