Monday, August 21, 2006

Vacation - Episode 4

I guess I just made up for the month of silence on my blog!!!

Episode 4: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

The bus ride into Vancouver from the ferry took an hour. Grandma decided to rent a car after all when we discovered our hotel was way outside of the city proper. Drove out to West Vancouver, had lunch at 3pm and spent the remainder of the afternoon resting in the hotel. We ventured out for dinner and decided to hit the deli at a local grocery store. Started out early Monday morning and drove to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Spent about 4 hours there enjoying the rainforest and bridge systems. Ate lunch at The Bridge Restaurant and then drove up to Grouse Mountain. Took the cable car up the mountain and enjoyed the Lumberjack Competition, the Birds of Prey show, visited the grizzly orphans, Grandma took a ski lift ride down and back up while Grandpa & I enjoyed Beaver Tails (Elephant Ears to my Hoosier friends) and watched the Lumberjack show again. It was funny both times, even though we knew the punchlines to all the jokes the 2nd time. We finished off with a video presentation about the grizzly orphans and their rehabilitation program and a bird's eye view of Vancouver video tour. Had dinner at Denny's and went to bed early. We had to get up at 4am to catch the bus back to Seattle so I wouldn't miss my flight home. There were other departure times available, but none that would arrive in Seattle before my flight. Had SO much fun at Customs and we went our separate ways in Seattle. G & G went to their hotel for the conference and I went to the airport. I had even MORE fun with all the new restrictions for carry-on luggage. Made sure every conceivable liquid, gel, lotion, etc was in my checked bag and then stood in line for the security checkpoint. It was a good thing I arrived 3 hours before my flight was scheduled to leave. Survived the plane ride even with 3 screaming babies on board (so much for napping) and was so glad to be back in the land of warmth. The weather the entire trip was MUCH cooler than Phoenix. I had to resign myself to a perpetual state of being cold the entire time. My sweet sister loaned me her jacket and I was so grateful. I think I was the only person on the plane who cheered when the pilot announced the current temp was 103. It was a fabulous trip! Thank you Grandma for making it possible! See corresponding pics: View Vancouver, BC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - these have been some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen - I'll be back over and over again to look at them. Thank you for sharing and for taking the time to get them all labled and online.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all these glorious pictures of your vacation! Fantastic!