Sunday, August 20, 2006

Vacation - Episode 2

Episode 2: Seattle, WA

Picked up the rental car and jumped right in to the sightseeing. Thank you Jim Lyon for the list of "must see" locations. We didn't get to them all, but we tried our best to get as many as possible. Made reservations at Palisade Restaurant (Item 1) for dinner Monday and at SkyCity Restaurant (4) for Tuesday night. Wandered around the waterfront until dinner. Palisade was fantastic! Incredible dining experience. Tuesday we hit the Space Needle (2), Pike Place Market (5), Children's Museum, Argosy Harbor Tour, and the Seattle Aquarium. The Market was my favorite stop. It brought back memories of the markets in Argentina. Wednesday we drove up to Discovery Park (3) in Magnolia Bluff. Our one overcast day but it cleared up quickly. After the park we drove to SR 520 to cross the floating bridges (6), then down I-405 to I-90 for another floating bridge. I didn't get any pics because I was driving and G & G had a camera in each hand already. From there we went to Alki Beach and ate at Spud's (7). Back to Seattle Center to catch an IMAX presentation of "The Eruption of Mt. St Helen" and then on to Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Parking at the restaurant was limited, so we walked down, but it was too steep for Grandpa to walk back up, so I walked back to the hotel to get the rental. Returned the rental 1st thing Thursday (10th) and went to Pier 69 to catch the Victoria Clipper. See corresponding pics: View Seattle, WA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must have been busy to do so much in such a short time!

Anonymous said...

Pictures of Seattle are perfect timing -- we (and our kids/grandkids) are thinking of a couple days stopover in Seattle next June. So I really enjoyed your pictures. Have lots of questions to ask, so I'll have to email your mom to get your email address.

Becky said...

Aunt Linda,

I have your email address. I sent you a message.

I highly recommend stopping in Seattle. I could have spent the whole 2 weeks there. Not that I regret the rest of the trip. I wouldn't trade it in. I'll just have to plan another trip to Seattle!! :)